Sunday, August 20, 2006

Cabled Footies - Finished!




Pattern: Cabled Footies from One Skein (One small pair, one large pair)
Yarn: Karabella Aurora 8 (One pair in white, one in blue)
Modifications: Several modifications this time:
1)I placed a purl stitch between the outermost cables on top of the foot and the stockinette of section of the bottom so as to keep the cable separate and distinct.
2) I ended the toe shaping at 16 stitches rather than 8. Decreasing to 8 stitches created an elf-like super-pointy toe.
Fairly minor modifications, but I really felt they improved the look of the final product.
Gifts for: My grandmothers.

These were a fun knit, and went really fast (it took about a week to finish two pairs). I also got to try out a new technique, cabling without a cable needle. I've definately a convert; it is so much easier and faster than using a cable needle. This yarn makes for a wonderfully soft and comfy slipper-sock. This would be a great project for someone still relatively new to sock knitting!

1 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your footies! I am going to have to break down and get One Skein, I guess, so I can make them!

And what a great way to use up leftovers...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home