Friday, September 01, 2006

A post - like, woah!

I have been very negligent in my posting duties. My parents came to visit, which pretty much put all knitting and blogging on hold. They actually left two days ago, but I'm still trying to get back in my groove. And now, my fiance's parents are coming to visit this weekend - I look forward to seeing them, but once again, I won't get much done. That said, I am making progress. I have complete one glove of a pair for my father before my parents got here:

Apologies for the bad lighting! It also needs a few tails woven in. I have it's match on the needles now, and I'm about halfway through the palm. Knitted in worsted weight, they move along quite speedily. I haven't had any problems with the pattern. I had a few small holes between the fingers, which I expected would happen, but I easily closed them up with some of the loose tails inside the glove.

So as a reward for the patience of the few faithful who visit my blog, it's picture time! My parents recently moved to Washington state, and here is a gift they brought me:

Mmmm, caramel popcorn with dried cherries.

We had a lot of fun while they were here, and one of the things we did was go to the Natural Bridge Wildlife Park. It is the type of park at which you drive through in your car and can give food to the animals. Since it was wickedly hot, most animals stayed in the shade, but a few species were persistent and effective beggars.

Baby animals! Behold their powers of cuteness!

These animals were called Barbary Sheep (I think), and they were some of the most eager of the food-begging crowd. They would actually stand partially in the road and patiently wait for each car to drive up and give them food - sort of like a reverse drive-thru window. They were very gently and cute as well. Boy sheep had facy long beards.

Scaaaary bird. Sorry to any ostrich fans, but they gave me the creeps. And they're huge! I rolled the windows up when they came by.

And of course, the zebras. They really enjoyed the free food - but let me just say having a huge horse head full of giant teeth shoved in your window is pretty intimidating. On the plus side, we got to see tiny baby zebras frolicing (no pictures though, drat).

Ahhh, feeding animals from your car, just like in nature!

1 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger Sabrina Hirsch said...

if you really want to see something cute, like baby animals, check out www.cuteoverload.com, enjoy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home