Sunday, September 10, 2006

Unisex Gloves (AKA - Rustic Gloves) - Complete!




(Boy, the color looks different in each photo doesn't it? The bottom one shows the true color best - a chocolately brown.)
Project: Unisex Gloves from One Skein (I think of them as the Rustic Gloves)
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash - only 1 hank needed for large pair of gloves
For: X-mas gift for my father
Modifications: None (though if I made them again, I might at some sort of ribbing at the bottom - they tend to flare out)
Comments: These were a fairly easy knit, and my first time making gloves. I did have some holes between fingers, which did not surprise me, and which I fixed when weaving in ends.
The cables on this glove were rather annoying to perform - maybe because it was all knit stitches and no purls?
The gloves came out large - not larger than in the pattern though, my gauge was good. I'm a bit worried they'll be too big, but my dad does have fairly thick hands. His hands are bigger than my fiance's - who is modeling the gloves in the photo. So hopefully, it will be allright!

1 Comments:

At 3:40 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Awesome job on those! Still hard to believe only 1 skein too! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home