Saturday, June 16, 2007

Finished Object: Baby Bolero

The color in the second photo is closer to the actual color:


Modeled by Mr. Gorilla:



Pattern: Baby Bolero from One Skein
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpaca Dyed Cotton
Changes: I picked up less stitches for the ribbing than it said to in the pattern - it seemed like too much, and my finish garment looks fine too me. I didn't do the motif on the back of the jacket that was in the pattern.
My opinion: This was so fun! I knit this for a baby shower for an acquintance. This is the first time I have knit a garment for a baby. It came out so wee and cute! True to the name of the book, this really did only use one skein of the cotton, although I only had a few feet left when I finished. The yarn itself blew my mind. It is truly one of the softest, most comfortable yarns I have ever felt. This cotton is also very easy to knit with. The color selection was also amazing! I would love to make myself a top out of this cotton, but the cost is a bit prohibitive.
The only other complaint I have is that when I did the seams, at one point I tugged the yarn quite hard and it broke! Not something I usually worry about with cotton. It only happened that one time however, and I was pulling pretty darn hard.

I already went to the baby shower, and the reactions to this and the petal bib were very positive. Many of the ladies were blown away that they were made by hand. I'll admit, I felt rather proud!

1 Comments:

At 3:59 AM, Blogger Batty said...

The bolero is adorable, and it even fits Mr. Gorilla! One garment, two uses, how fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home