Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Agony of Defeat.

Yesterday, I completed the seventh gift of my holiday countdown - a gaiter (like a collar-scarf for the neck) for one of my fiance's grandmothers. I had noticed while I was knitting it that it seemed a bit large. However, with my powers of mental delusion, I convinced myself it was not a problem. After all, it's done in ribbing! It'll pull right in! Or...something like that! Yeah!

After casting off, I looked at it and dread filled my soul...it was big. Beautiful and classy, of course, knit up in Elsbeth Lavold's Silky Wool, but nonetheless quite big. See?

So I tried it on....


Argh! It's not just a little big, it is HUMONGOUS. To the frog pond it must go. Le sigh.

1 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Ummm... it is rather... large. Take heart, it could be worse -- it could be Banff (first ever entry on my blog relates the story of mega-Banff).

It's very pretty otherwise. I love the color, and he stitch definition is great. Your fiance's grandmother will love the finished result!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home