Sunday, June 10, 2007

How Green is My Valley...er, Bib.

An FO! An FO! A small one, to be sure, but an FO nonetheless:

Pattern: Petal Bib, from One Skein
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cotton DK, 1 skein
Comments: I screwed up on hiding the wraps just slightly the first few times, but only on the purl side. So there a few semi-obvious "darts" on one side of the bib. However, it is nothing overly noticeable, so I let it go. I do think I will try to block this a bit to make it look neater. Otherwise, I've really happy with how it came out. So cute, and so easy! This is for a baby shower I am going to in a week.


I'm also making the baby bolero from One Skein for the shower. I'm making it from Blue Sky Cotton, although I'm using dyed instead of organic. My LORD it is soft! This is probably the best cotton I've worked with so far. I've finished the body and sleeves, and I seamed the shoulders. I'm trying to gear up to seam on the sleeves at this point.

I've been working on a pair of socks for myself for a while now. I'm really enjoying them, but I'm finding the pattern to be somewhat of a slow knit, and I recently got distracted by the baby knits. I've got one sock finished so far, and this is how far along the other is.

The pattern is Stansfield 304 from More Sensational Knitted Socks, and the yarn is Cherry Tree Hill.

And finally, a shot of my wedding cake from my wedding in April. The cake is somewhat small since we had less than 20 people at the wedding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home