Saturday, June 23, 2007

Finished Object: Stansfield 304 Socks



Pattern: Stansfield 304 stitch pattern from More Sensation Knitted Socks, worked from top down with a garter stitch cuff and with a slip stitch heel
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in Peacock
Notes: This was the first time I really ran out of yarn with a pair of socks. When I started the toe of the second sock, I knew I was in trouble! I managed to pull it off, barely, but it meant making the toe on the second sock slightly shorter than the first. It still fits comfortably.

I really enjoyed this pattern. It wasn't a fast knit for me, since I'm not very quick with the numerous M1 and P3tog stitches. The pattern is extremely easy to memorize, and is actually very intuitive. It is also beautiful to look at. The biggest downside is that I found this pattern does not have a lot of give or stretch. Pulling the ankle part of the sock over the heel is a little difficult, and they are a bit tight at the top (though not to the point of discomfort).

Overall, I really enjoyed making them, and love wearing them! The yarn was also easy and pleasant to work with. I did find two knots in the hank, which slightly annoying. The colors are lovely.

Here are the scraps of yarn tails I clipped off when I wove in the ends, all that remains of the yarn:

3 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger susubee said...

Those look beautiful! Definitely worth your efforts. I love your yarn choice, too. I'm always frightened of using variegated yarn on lacy patterns, but I think the pattern really enhances the yarn (and vice versa).

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Oooh, I'll have to make those, they look fabulous! It's so cool when you have just enough yarn, yet it's also... strangely frightening.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

how lovely! i like that pattern at all, and i love working with cth yarns.. they're so yummy on your fingers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home